Fireworks on the Chesapeake!
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July! See you on the water at one of the Chesapeake Bay's top fireworks displays:
- MTABC Middle River Fireworks: At dusk off Wilson Point on Middle River. Presented by the Marine Trades Association of Baltimore County, in memory of Raymond N. Porter and Jack Deckelman II.
- Big Band Night at CBMM: 7 to 10 p.m. at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels, MD. The Shades of Blue Orchestra will perform at the Tolchester Beach Bandstand at CBMM with fireworks scheduled to launch after dusk. Food, ice cream, and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Admission is $6 for members, $10 for non-members. After 8:45 p.m., admission will be reduced to $2 for those watching the fireworks only. Rain date July 1.
- Chesapeake Beach Fireworks over the Bay: Chesapeake Beach, MD. Rain date July 3.
- Havre de Grace Independence Day Celebration: A traditional parade kicks off the festivities at 2 p.m., followed by a downtown block party from 4 to 8 p.m. at N. Washington and St. John Streets. Battle of the Bands concert 5 to 9 p.m. at Concord Point Park. Patriotic music from 9 to 10 p.m. with fireworks beginning around 9:30 p.m.
- Oxford Fireworks: Presented by the Tred Avon Yacht Club.
- Rock Hall Fireworks: The Rock Hall Volunteer Fire Company and Town of Rock Hall welcome everyone to the annual Rock Hall fireworks show at 9 p.m. Rock Hall, MD. Parade on July 4, starts at 10 a.m. on Main Street.
- Salute to Cecil County Veterans: 6 to 10 p.m. at North East Community Park, North East, MD. Fireworks at dark. Honor active military and retired veterans. Parking can be found along Main Street, within the downtown Municipal Parking Lots, and along Rt. 272.
- Yankee Point Fireworks: Fireworks at dark at Yankee Point Marina in Lancaster, VA. Free. Windows on the water open 4 to 9 p.m. Poolside Cafe open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Annapolis Fourth of July Celebration: Patriotic parade from 6:30 to 8 p.m. down West Street to Main Street. Fireworks launched from a barge in Annapolis Harbor at 9:15 p.m. Spa Creek Bridge will be closed to traffic from 6 to 10 p.m. Viewing along City Dock, Naval Academy Bridge, street-end parks facing Spa Creek.
- Ports America Chesapeake Fourth of July Celebration: 7 to 10 p.m. downtown Baltimore, MD. Inner Harbor Fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. Viewing locations around the Inner Harbor, Harbor East, Federal Hill, Locust Point, Fells Point, and Canton.
- Fourth of July in Chestertown: Fireworks begin at dusk (around 9:20 p.m.) at Wilmer Park in Chestertown, MD.
- Fourth of July Stars in the Sky: 7 p.m. at Victory Landing Park, Newport News, VA. Live music, food vendors, moon bounce, free face painting, and a spectacular fireworks show over the James River at 9:30 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
- Colonial Beach Fireworks: Beginning arouns 9 p.m. Visitors can sit on the beach and watch the spectacular fireworks display over the Potomac River.
- Cambridge Fourth of July Fireworks: At dusk, usually around 9 p.m., over the Choptank River. Best viewing from Great Marsh Park and Long Wharf Park; bring your own lawn chairs or blankets. Presented by the City of Cambridge.
- Fourth of July Great American Picnic: 5 to 10 p.m. at Town Point Park along the downtown Norfolk waterfront in VA. Free and open to the public. Traditional all-American picnic food for sale, live entertainment, and fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. Norfolk Festevents.
- Yorktown Fourth of July Concert: Family activities beginning at 1 p.m. at Riverwalk Landing include face painting, sack races, hot dog eating contest, and more, followed by music and performances at 4 p.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m. along the Yorktown, VA, waterfront.
- Ocean City July Fourth Concert and Fireworks: Free concert at 8 p.m. followed by fireworks at 9:30 p.m. on the beach at N. Division Street, Ocean City, MD.
- Washington, DC Fireworks: National Independence Day Parade begins at 11:45 a.m. and runs until 2 p.m. along historic Constitution Avenue. Fireworks at dusk over the National Mall, Washington, DC. Free.
- Solomons Fourth of July Celebration: Fireworks around 9:15 p.m. Solomons, MD. Sponsored by the Solomons Business Association.
- Crisfield Freedom Fest: 5 to 9 p.m. at Somers Cove Marina, Crisfield, MD. Celebrate the nation’s birthday and honor the nation’s heroes in this family-oriented day hosted by the American Legion. Food, live music, arts and crafts, military appreciation, fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
Did we miss a show? Send our editor an email, and we'll add it to the list. firstname.lastname@example.org